Monday 3 June 2013

Nightmare Mode Beckons at Me

But its deadly invitation is not so readily heeded.

Having completed Scavenger Mode (Parasite Eve 2 ), I am now eligible to undertake the dastardly torture that is Nightmare Mode. (Nightmare Mode mantra: "You start off sick and things get worse in this most difficult mode").

HOWEVER, I don't think I'm gonna do Nightmare Mode. 'Cos it looks too frickin' hard. And I am no overachiever. Scavenger Mode was difficult but still (mostly) enjoyable. Nightmare Mode is just psychotic. And I haven't attempted Bounty Mode yet, which is actually unlocked before Scavenger Mode, but some (internet) people say it's harder than Scavenger Mode. So maybe I'll have a try at Bounty Mode.

Or maybe not, because I think I need to read some books and watch some films, and maybe even talk to some people, like I (sometimes) used to do before I pulled out the Playstation console. Playstation console has an uncanny ability to absorb my mind, body and soul.

But (and ignoring the previous paragraph), before I do anything else, I will be going back to Replay Mode (easy mode - extra items and awesome weapons, and Aya is much stronger - ie harder to kill) for some cathartic blasting of some of the asshole boss monsters who gave me hell in Scavenger Mode. In particular, I am looking forward to using the Hypervelocity gun (which I am now able to access having raised my level ranking by completing Scavenger Mode):


I will take especially great joy in using the Hypervelocity gun on the Puppet Stinger (aka the Giant Bowman). Here he is in Scavenger Mode, being an asshole:


No comments: